The Katoomba Family Hotel was originally opened by Ann Curnow in 1881. A new building was erected in 1918 which was more substantial than the cottages Ann had originally converted in Parke Street. The image below shows the Katoomba Family Hotel circa 1920's. Katoomba saw a tourism boom from the thirties to the fifties when the Katoomba Family Hotel had a heydey of visitors. The hotel then suffered from the decline of Katoomba as a tourist destination.
In 2004 the Blackburn Family took over the business and embarked on a complete refurbishment of the hotel. The Blackburn's commitment is to provide a traditional hotel with old fashioned customer service and maintain their role in the community as a supportive business to the local community.
Rooms have been freshly renovated in 2014.